Monday, June 4, 2012

Introduction

I have taught 6th grade reading, language arts, and social studies for three years.  I am currently working towards earning my masters in elementary education.  I attended Auburn University for my bachelors degree in elementary education.  I absolutely love Auburn football and can't wait for football season to start!  


I have been fortunate to work at a school where there has been many technology resources available to use.  My class had access to the computer lab, lap tops, and iPads.  I used my Smartboard every day and loved it.  I loved being able to make my lessons interactive so that the students could participate and be engaged.  Seeing the kids want to play a game using their vocabulary or spelling words made me smile because they saw it as a game whereas I knew that they were practicing their skills and learning.  


In my spare time I enjoy reading, shopping, crafting, and spending time with my friends and family.  I also love to plan parties and have been fortunate to be able to plan baby showers and a surprise birthday party this year.  I enjoy doing things for others and seeing the smile on their faces.  

No comments:

Post a Comment